Stif Cycle To Work Scheme
There's a new bike waiting in your pay packet.
Did you know that the government run a scheme that will save you up to 43% of the price of your new bike.
A cycle to work scheme is a great incentive for employees, and companies can save money too - every bike processed through the scheme means an employer's National Insurance saving. Everybody wins, and it's time to let your employer know!
We have a full information pack to give to your employer when they contact us on your behalf, which will tell them all about how the scheme operates. The good news: once your employer is on board we help them administer the scheme and you should be on two shiny new wheels before you know it.
- Huge saving on the RRP of your new bike.
- Spread the cost of a new bike
- Pay less Tax and NI
- No finance charges
- No more queuing at petrol stations!
- Increased fitness!
- Save on petrol or train fares!
- Beat the traffic!
- Contribute to a carbon-free society.
- Easy to set up, zero cost to employer
- Reduction in NI contributions
- Healthier, happier and more productive workforce
How Does It Work?
The employer needs to first join the scheme and then they can buy bikes on behalf of any of their employees. The employee pays back the employer over 12 months, free of Income Tax, VAT and National Insurance. The bike is paid for by "Salary Sacrifice".
How Much Do Will I Save?
You final saving depends upon your salary, typically higher earners will save more than employees in the lower tax bracket, we've worked out the average UK worker will save 32% on their bike, but this changes depending on the value of the bike you choose and your income.
To get a more accurate calculation of how much you can save please visit
** Note: At the end of the lease period a "Fair Market Value" payment is payable - this is a figure entirely up to the Employer.
I'm Interested. What Do I Do Now?
My employer already offers a scheme
We work with the two largest independent cycle schemes in the UK, if your employer is operating either CycleScheme or Nike 2 Work, we are able to assist you in purchasing your bike. We advise you to contact the administator of the scheme within your company for all the details to get the ball rolling. They will be able to provide full information on the process and how much you are likely to save. Be sure to tell them you wish to purchase you bike from Stif if they require this information.
When the time comes we'll be happy to help you choose the most appropriate bike for you needs.
If your employer does not currently offer a bike to work scheme.
The process is simple!
- The Employer calls our sales team to set up the cyclescheme programme.
- Once the system is up and running, the Employee chooses their bike and accessories.
- The Employer confirms eligiblity and approves the request then contacts our sales team to place the order.
- Our sales team and the Employer deal with all the admin aspects and invoices for the bike.
- After the bike is paid for the Employee receives a secure voucher at their home address.
- Stif arranges collection or shipping of the bike with the Employee.
- The Employee's salary sacrifice starts in their next salary payment.
Let's Get Started!
The quickest way to get things moving is to register your interest in a Cycle Schmeme programme either using at Cycle Scheme or Bike 2 Work Scheme, they'll guide you though the paperwork and particulars required, then when you're ready to choose a bike - get in touch with our sales staff and we'll guide you though that part of the process.
Alternatively, if you're still a bit confused call us on 01423 780 738 and we'll be pleased to help, or use our contact form and we'll get in touch with you.